Since Benthyg Cymru's beginning, volunteers have been an essential resource. By volunteering, you are not only helping a local community through community involvement, you will be developing new skills and broadening your own horizons.
We recognise and value those who have a wide range of hands-on practical and inter-personal skills, many of which can be done from home. We will need a committed team of volunteers to deliver and maintain a high-quality and reliable service.
Volunteers will be given an induction and ongoing support, as well as the opportunity to select a role to which they feel most suited.
Some of the skills we need to sustain Benthyg Penarth will include the following:
- Hosting / Reception / Front of House (Helping members borrow things)
- Social Media (Shouting about how awesome Benthyg Penarth is and what we have to offer)
- Administration / Organisation (Helping keep us super streamlined and efficient)
- Events (Organising events to share skills and showcase our things)
- Repairer / Fixer / Tester (Work together to troubleshoot, fix and maintain our things)
- Skill Sharer (Plan and host practical events on DIY, sewing, gardening or upcycling)
- Delivery / Collections (Going around Penarth on our e-cargo bike to make sure everyone can benefit from borrowing)
If the above has caught your interest and you would like to get involved, drop us an email with your contact details and volunteering interests and we will come back to you as soon as possible.
Team Benthyg Penarth